Sunday, May 11, 2008

Stupidity...

10/5/08 North Norfolk - James, Simeon, Mr. Munns (former English teacher!)
James is sensible, as is Mr. Munns, but I, on the other hand, am the opposite. I went to a party last night and got to bed after 12, so getting up at 3:45 gave me less than 4 hours sleep. Then we walked Blakeney Point.
Surprisingly, I didn't fall asleep and roll down the shingle bank into the sea. Actually I nearly did at one stage - we were sitting on the dunes in front of the seawatching hide watching Little Terns and Gannets go past, when the small area I was sitting on gave way and I reached the beach within seconds! I just hope the National Trust don't read this.
Bird wise, the point wasn't that good at all - the wind was right, but there was no rain to put the birds down! Totals were; Song Thrush 1, Willow Warbler 1, Whinchat 2, Wheatear 1, Yellow Wagtail 1. There was also a lovely adult summer plumaged male Turnstone near the visitor centre, which should probably have been in Norway.
We then went to Choseley and had 7 Dotterel. They were closer than when we visited 2 weeks ago, but the heat haze was very annoying.
The last stop was Snettisham where we had 2 Little Gulls, 8 Med. Gulls and a Marsh Harrier, along with another summer plumaged male Turnstone.
It was a nice day, but we didn't get the hoped for rarity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home